|Category||Supply Chain/Transportation Management||Job type||Full Time|
As a Last Mile Logistics Supplier Manager you will be working directly with our last mile logistics suppliers. This includes the selection and negotiation with last mile service providers, and transport companies to ensure we deliver the best Delivery Experience, quality and prices for Amazon's customers. Furthermore, you are part of a team that constantly innovates to launch improvements and new last mile models on behalf of our Customers.
We offer you a dynamic working environment giving you unlimited future career and development opportunities in a fast growing global organization as well as flat hierarchies, international working opportunities and competitive compensation packages.
The ideal candidate requires strong team leadership experience in the transportation/ 3rd party logistics industry or a similar fast-paced logistics/distribution environment as you will be responsible for:
• Sourcing, selection and development of suppliers in your region for both new and existing business
• Acting as a interface between Amazon operations and the suppliers and proactively managing the relationship with all deliver service partners (DSPs)
• Ensuring that all suppliers are ready to deliver on their required labor and vehicle requirements for peak period
• Monitoring of performance and quality figures and responding to quality/performance challenges with appropriate action plans
• Negotiating and reviewing rates with our delivery service partners
• Be able to work with data to identify trends and generate initiatives to improve metrics (attrition, on time delivery, DPMO)
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
• People management experience
• Fluency in English and Spanish
• Proven experience in contract negotiations and account / supplier management, and the related service level performance tracking
• Working experience in relevant industries (preferably in the ecommerce logistics sector)
• Confident and skilled in using Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word)
• MBA or Masters degree
• Experience in leadership roles
• SQL / Data Analysis Skills
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.