|Category||Supply Chain/Transportation Management||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon strives to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring shipments are delivered quickly, safely, and as compliant as possible. Amazon's Transportation Risk and Compliance Team (TRC) protects Amazon's various transportation businesses by implementing scalable risk management solutions that foster continued business growth.
TRC is looking for an experienced program manager to drive compliance initiatives for Amazon Transportation. The ideal candidate will manage relationships with key partners, identify improvement opportunities, drive key initiatives in the space, and manage communications with internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be an analytical leader with Project Management experience that makes data-driven decisions in complex, technical, transportation and/or regulatory environments. The individual needs strong communication skills, the experience to influence (both up and across) and support cross-functional stakeholder groups across all levels of the organization. The ideal candidate takes initiative and demonstrates ownership in driving business goals, while being agile to manage change.
• Build relationships with project stakeholders across key internal TRC teams, TRC stakeholder teams and external partners
• Establish mechanisms that ensure highest levels of Amazon policies related to Department of Transportation regulations, across our transportation network.
• Understand the deliverables of project stakeholders, critical path items, and effectively communicate status, potential risks, and delays.
• Be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and enjoy working on different problems every day.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years relevant work experience in program/product management
• Risk Management or regulatory experience
• Excellent communication (written/oral) and stakeholder/partner management
• Strong bias for action, and ability to work independently toward stated goals using good judgement in spite of ambiguity
• Proven track record implementing quality programs with spirit of continuous improvement
• Good vision, analytical, process oriented and strong problem solving skills
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
• Fluency (written/verbal) in English
• MBA degree preferred
• Transportation, Logistics, or Supply Chain experience
• Experience in commercial motor vehicle enforcement or in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's enforcement and compliance division
• General manager/owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive, proven ability to influence others
• Experience launching programs in multiple geographies simultaneously
• Project/Program management certification
• Problem-solving passion and service orientation
• Experience using analysis, reporting, modeling, and forecasting to gather data for the purpose of making business decisions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.