|Category||Supply Chain/Transportation Management||Job type||Full Time|
Amazon is enhancing its capabilities to source directly from the factories of its major vendors globally and establish its global supply chain to meet the customer demand and increasingly elections. This is enlarging the depth of the Amazon Supply Chain fundamentally. Singapore and Middle East market places are growing rapidly and getting more vendors to support Amazon business.
As Operations Specialist you will implement supply chain and operational strategies to optimize customer experience, sales and margin. You have end-to-end business ownership of import supply chain processes from manufacturer to the availability in our Fulfillment Centers.
The role of the Operations Specialist for Singapore and Middle East will be working with vendors to ensure the smooth flow of goods (cost, time and visibility) to meet end customers' needs. This individual will partner with various teams across Amazon (Retail, Compliance, Inbound and Finance teams) as well as external partners to support critical new business initiatives and drive continuous improvement in all aspects of our program. The successful candidate is a problem solver, communicator and influencer who works well in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment. This candidate demonstrates strong ownership with technical skill set, taking data-driven approach to solve complex problems across our Imports supply chain. The position provides opportunities to influence areas throughout the organization.
• Measure and improve vendor on time performance, reduce operational defects, and improve systems to streamline operations between vendor partners and Amazon.
• Drive root-cause analysis and reporting on operational issues, develop action plans and project manage improvements.
• Collaborate with ocean and air counterparts to achieve best-in-class delivery time and on-time percentage.
• Work cross functionally to identify and build best practices and process improvements
• Implement import ordering strategies for all import products to ensure Amazon meets the optimal mix of domestic and import sourcing.
• Communicate clearly and professionally with senior leadership in reporting, delivering project updates, and handling escalations
• Good understanding of International supply chain practice
• 2+ years in Supply Chain/Logistics management.
• Detail orientated, issue tracking and problem resolving capability.
• Professional working proficiency in English.
• Sense of urgency and adaptability in response to changing business needs
• Excellent communication, both verbal and written, with proven ability to effectively manage, influence, negotiate, and communicate with external business partners and internal teams to meet operational performance goals.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired, maintain strong focus on detail, prioritize workloads, and always meet deadlines.
• Experience in analyzing data and communicating the results to business leaders.
• SQL and Access knowledge will be an advantage.