|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people around the world enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals Series such as the multi-award-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys; international-produced hits like LOL: Last One Laughing and The Grand Tour; and popular and award-winning movies like Borat 2 and The Big Sick.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
We are seeking a Technical Product Manager to be a part of the Amazon Studios team. The Global Programming Strategy team owns the strategic perspective on overall programming and scheduling across originals and licensing. The group builds the portfolio and schedules originals and licensed programs to drive service-level customer acquisition, engagement, and retention. The team focuses on what our content portfolio is missing over the short, medium, and long term as well as audience priorities. The output is directing our development pipelines as we look to close gaps over a three-year horizon, and mechanizing licensing or other outputs in the case we have near-term shortfalls.
This role will report into a Senior Product Manager, and alongside the Senior TPM and a Data Scientist, will represent the technical pod of the Global Programming Strategy team. They will own the product vision for our Release Calendar and portfolio planning, defining updates and moving towards greater automation. They will work closely with our Engineering, Business Intelligence, and Data Science teams on bridging applications and building new tools and processes for the Global Programming team.
• Bachelor's degree or higher with a technical discipline
• 2+ years of product management experience
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
• Experience delivering initiatives from conception through completion on time, within budget, and on or beyond scope
• Experience working with engineering teams to define, scope and prioritize product requirements
• Can-do attitude, and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to build tools and products
• Expert in Tableau
• Experience with SQL and Data Warehousing
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills while the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing executive staff