|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
Commerce Platform International Expansion is looking for a Senior TPM to deliver a new initiative to help customers leverage our services across the globe.
is growing rapidly in international marketplaces. As a senior TPM in this group, you will own defining and delivering programs with significant complexity and cross-org impact, you will be able to propose and drive innovation that have improve customer experience in a wide and diverse set of industries and locations. You will work with stakeholders across from product engineering, Finance, Legal and Tax and innovate on how build up international business.
From a technical perspective, you need to feel comfortable with concepts. You will contribute to large architectural designs specific to a technical domain in the platform. You should be comfortable diving deep and understand the mechanism of multiple complex systems. We hold a high bar on our hiring practice but you have a strong support that will be available to you. Leaders are not built in a day and we love to see candidates with a strong growth mindset. In your day to day work, you will work with program managers to define Product experience, work with engineering leaders and engineers to and build secure, durable and services.
From a program management perspective You will be influencing an organization with teams located across several countries. You will own the definition and delivery of the program, including keeping stakeholders informed with status, holding teams accountable to their deliverables, identifying and resolving blocking issues to ensure the delivery.
From people perspective you will coach and mentor other TPMs, you will also have the opportunity to participate in hiring and recruiting. As a senior TPM your influence and contribution will likely be expected on other programs beyond your own.
Here at , we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We also encourage you to Learn and Be Curious. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee , Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
This is an exciting role with a high degree of impact and also a high degree of ambiguity. You will have the opportunity to work with senior executives in and your work will benefit a boundless set of customers all around the world.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/"
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• 8+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 5+ years of internet related technical program management in software
• Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion with critical thinking skills for prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional, cross-organization teams to negotiate and assemble project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, and resolve blocking issues.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Curiosity to dig several layers deep into technical solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement
• Experience communicating (written and verbal) with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units including executive level
• Master's degree in a business technology discipline related field
• 10+ years of experience managing complex technology projects
• Experience in Accounting, International tax law, Financial reconciliation,
• Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction