|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
The Advertising API team is lean, curious about new value creation opportunities, collaborative and agile, with a spirit for building great products. We are seeking a seasoned Product Manager that shares our values and vision and is responsible for defining and guiding the creation of scaled marketing products for developers and business users.
Amazon Advertising provides some of Amazon's fastest growing strategic businesses such as Sponsored Products, Sponsored Brands and Sponsored Display. Our global advertising tools provide self-service low-latency systems for multiple performance-based advertising programs with large ad inventories. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses, driving long term growth, and as such our organization's initiatives are highly visible to Amazon's executive leadership. We are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities, and have been a broad mandate to aggressively experiment and innovate.
You will work closely with engineering, marketing, data science and business development teams to both expose internal system capabilities to the outside world and build new ones in a fashion that accommodates extreme load and low-latency requirements. You'll work on the strategy, design and implementation of all aspects of the program.
Qualified candidates have experience defining products and features, developing requirements, determining appropriate KPIs for measuring results, and working with external partners.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Define business and technical product requirements
• Engage with product managers and business stakeholders driving a variety of business initiatives
• Lead cross-functional teams to execute on product plans and to deliver results
• Collaborate closely with stakeholders throughout Amazon to obtain buy-in for product initiatives and to set expectations
• Analyze and act on business metrics and data to grow the business
• Work with marketing, account development, partner managers, product marketing managers, and sales to execute the go to market strategy
• Leverage consumer insights or competitive intelligence reports to help explain online behavioral trends and inform product decisions
Professional traits which are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to earn trust of others
- Strong results orientation
The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering broadly adopted technology products/services in a very high growth environment. Adtech experience and experience with big data, machine learning, and analytics are all beneficial. This candidate should be a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence.
• 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
• 5+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• BA/BS or equivalent experience
• 3-5+ years experience as a product manager
• Experience working with large scale APIs and/or service-oriented architectures as a Product Manager or as a developer
• Strong understanding of the advertising industry and related technology
• Experience with big data, machine learning, and analytics
• Masters degree in Computer Science or related field
• Ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise and to work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units including at the executive level
• Proven track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through
• Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
• Curiosity to dig several layers deep into technical solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age