|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Private Brands is a highly visible, fast-growing business within Amazon. We have a unique business and obsess over quality and building global brands our customers love. We aspire to be part of our customers' everyday lives by offering them unique products at compelling prices backed by Amazon's strong customer obsessed reputation. We are looking for an exceptional Sr. Product Manager to help build Private Brands Central, a product lifecycle management (PLM) solution for Global Private Brands. This product interacts with different retail systems across all Private Brands verticals and is used by many different types of internal and external users, making this a truly complex and challenging space with many opportunities for automation. The goal of this platform is to drastically reduce the time to market, boost productivity for internal Amazon teams and the vendors they partner with, and continuously improve the products that we offer to Amazon.com customers.
This is a unique role that offers a great opportunity to build something new, work across strategic businesses, and interact with global stakeholders. This will be no easy feat as this requires alternating between big picture thinking and obsessing with the details, identifying risks, and being a true product owner.
This role will:
• Display exceptional written and verbal skills
• Drive alignment among both business and technical stakeholders
• Develop the high level vision and detailed product requirements documents for one or more PLM modules
• Create buy-in for PBC's vision both internally and with key external partners
• Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management teams to deliver on the product roadmap
• Partner with WWPB teams to standardize existing metrics and develop new metrics to support PBC and the WWPB business
• Create mechanisms to continuously monitor the success of PBC against the outcomes that matter most to our customers
• Bachelor's degree required. Dual education (business and tech) or equivalent work experience.
• 7+ yrs. engineering, product management, or relevant experience.
• Experience in defining, driving and shipping mass market consumer software or services.
• Excellent cross-functional project management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Track record of achievements. You've shipped cool stuff that has moved the needle on key business & customer metrics. You have a proven ability to make smart feature versus time-to-market trade-offs. You have demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision.
• Technical fluency. You have the ability to understand, discuss, and challenge architectural concepts, tradeoffs, and new opportunities with technical team members.
• Strong collaboration skills. You have a proven ability to work across functions and across marketplaces to influence senior leaders. You quickly earn the trust of people you work with.
• Excellent customer experience intuition. You obsess about customers and can translate customer needs into crisp, detailed product requirements. You are able to develop innovative product solutions that are grounded in a deep understanding of customer needs.
• Strong ownership and bias for action. One of your favorite things to do as a product manager is to launch, learn and iterate. You know what matters most to customers and can simplify product requirements to deliver benefits to customers quickly. Experience with Agile methodologies is a plus.
• Data-centric and analytical. You have experience leveraging your strong analytical skills and ability to dive deep to develop a nuanced understanding of your product and customers, back up assumptions, and create effective strategies. You also have a demonstrated ability to make high quality high impact decisions in the absence of data and figure out how to gather data (through experiments, tests, etc) to support your decisions.