|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Do you enjoy broad yet equally deep scope that impacts all AWS systems globally? Are you up for leading the software teams that improve the health of the cloud? AWS Vetting, Monitoring, and Provisioning(VMP) is looking for a software Principal Technical Program Manager (TPM) with a passion for building highly reliable and low latency services for use by AWS service providers (EC2, S3, DynamoDB, etc), Data Center Operations, Hardware Engineering, and others.
We are embarking on major software programs to streamline and automate vetting of servers across the AWS fleet, automate data center provisioning operations, and collect component data across tens of millions of components, and it's a great time to join and help shape and deliver on this strategy.
Who do we do: Our software teams help ensure health and availability of AWS hardware by developing software platforms for provisioning, testing, and monitoring of every server across AWS data centers.
What you will do: You will plan and execute large cross-organization software programs, engage senior software/program/product managers to identify new opportunities, define and design product features, and lead the effort to build highly reliable foundational services.
Why it's high-impact: Our systems ensure that AWS customers can get the capacity they need and to run their applications on healthy hardware.
What's the challenge: Our space is fast-moving, and has a large number of ambiguous and difficult challenges. You coordinate the effort of dozens of development teams, support your leadership, and identify and mitigate program risks. You will be responsible for identifying solutions, trying ideas, and will be given space to fail and to iterate to produce products that your customers love.
Who would succeed in this role: Deeply technical leaders, who stay close to the customer and to software architecture and design. A leader who reaches out across the company to enlist input from key engineers to leverage the experience of the broader team. A person who dives deep in to a problem to deeply understand how things work, when to make subtle change, and when to disrupt the status quo to achieve the right results.
• Manage cross-team and cross-organization delivery of long-term customer-facing programs
• Distill business requirements into deliverable projects, design systems, set performance expectations and goals with all stakeholder teams
• Partner with the leadership team to define business and architectural strategy and build roadmaps for the programs you and your team own
• Be responsible for the overall coordination, quality and productivity and will be the primary point of contact for world-wide stakeholders of programs that you run
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field
• 10+ years of software technical program management experience
• 7+ years of experience working with engineering teams to deliver software requiring coordination between multiple teams in disperse functional groups
• 7+ years of experience analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection
• Excellent written, spoken, and listening communication skills
• MS or PhD in computer science or related technical field
• 3+ years of software development experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us