|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), Security is our highest priority. The AWS Security Assurance team is responsible for demonstrating the security controls of services offered by AWS. At AWS' scale, we continuously invent new ways to provide the highest level of assurance to our most security conscious customers. Are you interested in driving exceptional security for customers? Do you have a passion for cutting-edge technologies? Do you see compliance as a business enabler?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is rapidly expanding its customer base and global presence, and we are looking for a highly motivated Content and Events Manager to join our team as we build the audit platform of the future. The Customer Audit Program supports AWS customers' reviews of AWS security controls and evidence, demonstrating how we design, operate, maintain, and protect our infrastructure in accordance with global regulated industry standards. Our engagements include Audit Symposiums, where we have historically brought several customers together in person to perform audits in a collaborative environment. Travel and social-distancing restrictions during the current pandemic have driven us to more of a virtual audit model, and we now envision a fully virtual Digital Audit Symposium experience as the mechanism to further build scale and support our customers for years to come.
In this role, you drive and support our transition to a virtual symposium experience for our customers on a global scale. Initial efforts will focus on content management to create/integrate digital audit training resources for internal and external customers, while building a strategy to support virtual self-service customer audit functionality later in 2021. You will manage a virtual audit event space to schedule and prepare customers to perform audits of AWS, facilitate live and on-demand virtual event sessions, and facilitate/act upon customer feedback from the sessions to continually improve the experience. Additionally, you will assist with designing and executing process improvements and automation to help make symposiums more scalable and applicable to customers representing multiple business segments and regulatory compliance requirements. We seek a talented individual with a demonstrated background in building and delivering virtual events to global audiences in multiple languages, along with proven program management skills, to join our team. As the ideal candidate, you are someone who thinks big, understands the cloud audit and compliance environment, and enjoys innovating to drive program efficacy and efficiency.
Do you love working across many stakeholders, including some of our largest strategic customers, to design solutions for complex compliance challenges? Are you passionate about customer adoption of the cloud and you want to solve real business problems? If so, this will be a role that helps you meet your career goals. Out team culture encourages ownership, diversity, inclusion, and innovation. We want you to take a high degree of ownership for your program vision, and we give you latitude to execute on your ideas. We want you to balance your unique perspective with those of the diverse perspectives of the team and its stakeholders. You will work directly with teams across AWS to improve AWS' ability to demonstrate controls assurance for regulated customers. You are comfortable balancing strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution while working independently, sorting through ambiguously defined problems, identifying and facing big challenges and adjusting to sudden and frequent change. This role acts as a key liaison with our most important customers, AWS service teams, infrastructure teams, AWS Security, and related Amazon corporate teams.
You will act as a leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You are proactive in removing roadblocks, pave the way for innovation, and can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You will be a positive influencer across diverse teams, be able to effectively rally support for your initiatives and be able to drive simple, scalable solutions to meet customer and regulator expectations. You are able to handle business escalations with a data-driven approach.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following activities:
• Manage a virtual audit event space to include customer preparation, content management, event facilitation and feedback/analytics
• Own and drive relationships with AWS stakeholders to develop and manage a rolling Virtual Audit event calendar
• Own and drive relationships with AWS stakeholders to drive creation of live, recorded, and on-demand audit event content
• Drive all event testing and quality control procedures before and during the events
• Build processes for repeatability and scalability of virtual audit activities
• Think big to deliver new ideas and creative approaches to constantly improve the customer experience
• Deliver post event reports with data-driven analysis including attendee feedback, goal attainment, and recommendations for future event improvements
• Influence and align with key stakeholders across AWS on virtual event strategies and best practices
• Coordinate and drive program enhancements including mechanisms to improve efficiency and scalability, and actively monitor metrics to advance program effectiveness.
• Implement continuous improvements to the security organization and the program management process. Share program/project process frameworks, tools, and best practices that can be adopted throughout the organization.
This role may be filled at an AWS location in Arlington VA, New York City, or Seattle WA.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Information Technology, or other related fields
• 5+ years of experience creating and managing large scale customer/training event programs across time zones and geographies
• 5+ years of experience managing customer relationships and driving improvements in customer experience
• 5+ years of experience designing and tracking metrics to measure process effectiveness and customer satisfaction
• Digital marketing and/or content management experience
• Experience working in a technical environment and/or supporting IT security or audit-related initiatives
• Additional training or advanced degrees in communications, graphic design, or project management
• Working knowledge of cloud computing services
• Experience working with a global, cross-cultural team
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .