|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains and are looking for people that will help us shape the future of Alexa.
Are you a passionate technical leader that can have a huge impact on a growing business? Are you eager to dive into complex business and process problems, setting functional and architectural direction with development teams? We're looking for software development leaders who share our passion for continuously improving the customer experience, who are motivated by challenging problems in distributed systems and algorithms.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
As a Software Development Manager on the team, you will be expected to
- Take on hard, ambiguous problems and break them down to their simple parts.
- Manage a team of high caliber Software Engineers working on building world class, scalable distributed systems and mobile customer experiences.
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach Software Development Engineers at different levels of experience.
- Manage and execute against project plans and deliver commitments within a professional, high paced engineering environment.
- Interface with our internal customers to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
- Own all operational metrics and support for your teams' software.
- Drive improvements in software engineering practices.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• 5+ years of experience as a Development Manager, managing teams of software engineers, and delivering on a technology roadmap.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• A track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders • Strong business and technical vision.
• Exceptional customer support focus and skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.