|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
"Alexa, find me a job where I can create and innovate." Yes, Alexa can make your wishes come true!
On the Alexa Voice Service team, you'll build software to enable Alexa's capabilities everywhere - in speakers, appliances, wearables, robots, and more! We're working with industry leaders to seamlessly integrate Alexa into any and all devices. It's awesome, and will change the way millions of people interact with their homes, cars and even their workplace.
If you're passionate about greenfield engineering opportunities and love to solve problems that have never been encountered before - this is the job for you. If you have an insatiable thirst to learn - you'll absolutely love this job. Imagine working together with other teams to architect solutions that define how customers interact with Alexa. You'll own your work from design to deployment, evangelize it and ensure its operational excellence in production.
Become a builder, an innovator, and game changer by joining the AVS team. Let's build something special, and have a ton of fun doing it!
As a member of the team, you will:
• Produce bullet-proof code that is robust, efficient and maintainable; our primary language is Java
• Empower companies and developers from around the world to embed Alexa into their devices and products
• Participate in setting the technical vision for Alexa Voice Service in alignment with our Product team
• Drive and lead software design, development standards, team processes and code reviews
• Design and implement features for new products, features, APIs, platforms and frameworks
• Mentor junior team members, help to maintain appropriate unit test coverage, code documentation and software structure
• Distill and communicate technical concepts to stakeholders
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Experience in Java, C or C++
• Experience with data structures and complex algorithms
• Experience leading and mentoring junior engineers through a full product/service development lifecycle
• Knowledge of software engineering practices for a full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
• Master's/Doctorate degree in Computer Science or a related field
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Knowledge and experience with machine learning technologies
• Project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us