|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Are you interested in building the next generation Supply Chain Management (SCM) systems that power the AWS cloud? Do you want to revolutionize the way we track and deploy the gear that forms the foundation of AWS? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on millions of customers who use AWS every day?
The SCM Inventory team is responsible for building the warehouse management systems that enable control of our global inventory footprint for our hyper-growth cloud and automate the orchestration required to ensure physical and financial control of inventory. The team is responsible for billions of dollars in capital and the ultimate success of our core cloud business.
We are looking for experienced engineers who are excited about building industry leading, next generation SCM systems for the AWS cloud on the AWS cloud. You will be part of the team that architects, designs, and implements highly scalable distributed systems that provide availability, scalability and latency guarantees. This is a hands-on position where you will be responsible for building rock-solid software components while mentoring other engineers. You will also have an opportunity to develop and showcase your communication skills, leadership and customer obsession.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge and implementation of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their abilities in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age