|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
|City||East Palo Alto|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies.
AWS Data Services group provides rapidly growing, industry acclaimed cloud services in areas of big data platforms to data analytics to operational databases. The group is at the forefront of innovation in these areas producing world-class cloud services such as EMR to Redshift to RDS Aurora and many more.
Glue is a serverless platform for Data Analytics, with a focus on ETL and Data Analyst/Engineer experience. Our goal is to redefine how Data Analytics is done and make it easy and fast for customers to query their data.
We are building the next generation data workflow system to enable customers to stitch data operations visually (and programmatically). We are scaling the backend infrastructure to enable super-low latencies for interactive jobs and a massive scale like never seen before. We are also working on making experience with Notebooks interactive, intuitive and responsive. The teams owns both Product & Backend and it's a unique experience.
Top reasons to join our team:
* Be catalyst to deliver a truly disruptive product that is growing rapidly
* Solve unique and first-order problems in areas of Big Data, Serverless computing, Spark, Distributed Systems and Machine Learning
* Influence and build products that will leverage scale of resources to orchestrate data workflows
* Be part of big data revolution in cloud
* Learn how to build & operate distributed systems at massive scale
* Passionate in building large scale distributed systems
* Thrive in culture of ownership, delivery and bias for action
* Fast pace environment energizes you to be at your best
* Innovate and invent in agile and collaborative environment
* Curious and eager to learn to expect more of you and others
* Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture, design and extensible code
* Technically lead a team of smart engineers on complex projects
* Be an advocate of industry best-practices to produce reliable, fault-torrent and dependable code
* Code and test complex system modules; develop and leverage frameworks to be effective and efficient
* Participate in architecture, design and code reviews to maintain our high development standards
* Own system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
* Collaborate and influence other teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
* Mentor other engineers, defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 6-10 years experience writing large scale systems in Java and/or Python.
• Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
• Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
• Experienced writing multi-threaded programs requiring concurrency and synchronization primitives
• Experienced debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting complex, production software
• Strong understanding of system performance and scaling
• Ability to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
• Possess excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills
• Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems is a plus
• Experience with large-scale data analytics and data warehousing is a plus
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation