|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Non-Tech||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon revolutionized customer service, now we are changing what customers expect from technical support. We are Device, Digital and Alexa Support (D2AS), and we're responsible for the Customer Service operations and product experience for all Amazon Devices and Digital services, from the Kindle and Echo, to Amazon Music and Prime Video. In this role you'll be leading the device product experience, identifying key areas of customer friction across product portfolio to influence the product roadmap and key product features impacting millions of custoemrs.
You should be a dreamer, capable of seeing into the future and coming up with industry-changing big and bold ideas, but with the technical ability to break that dream into realistic chunks and build annual roadmaps. Your passion for digital devices and services (and their strengths and weaknesses) and your understanding of the customer shines through. You understand how you can drive successful customer engagement based on today's feedback, and anticipate where customers will need help in the future. You'll also demonstrate a spirit of continuous improvement, innovating as you learn more, and sharing your learning with your team, to have them applied to other product categories.
Being able to demonstrate earning trust across multiple levels of the business is a fundamental skill. This role will require you to work with the multiple teams supporting your projects and programs, ensuring they have the correct understanding and are bought into the vision. You'll drive change through influence and empower individual work streams to deliver autonomously on their responsibilities.
The Sr. Program Manager (PM) will have the following responsibilities:
• Lead key strategic business operations programs, identifying new opportunities and influencing, assessing and prioritizing opportunities based on strategic goals, business needs and customer value.
• Define, prioritize and plan the execution of strategic initiatives. Consulting with senior management on cross-group project prioritization.
• Monitor progress against goals: anticipating risks, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate. Track delivery against program objectives and implement proposals to improve program services and efficiency.
• Establish, refine and implement mechanisms to ensure cross functional alignment and establish clear escalation mechanisms. Identify and manage stakeholder groups, and provide regular business reports to those groups.
• Act as a knowledge resource in Business Operations, sharing best practices in project management and program management.
• Demonstrated ability to define, plan, deliver and measure programs with a growing scope or complexity
• Empathy for consumers, and a track-record of root-cause analysis - not just fixing a problem, stopping that problem from ever happening again
• Excellent, structured written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to balance multiple types of data with solid intuition
• Experience working with, engaging, and influencing multiple cross-functional teams and leaders
• Bachelor's degree or 5+ years' experience delivering successful consumer facing program management for technical products, or support services.
• Experience in an online retailer, or electronics manufacturer
• Knowledge of customer operations, customer service or retail operations, or technical support
• Negotiation experience
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to explain assumptions, recommendations, and prioritization.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.