|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Love music? Want to build consumer-facing products that touches the lives of millions of people? Combine your passions and come reinvent music listening with us! We're working hard, having fun, and making history here at Amazon Music.
We are seeking a skilled Sr. Product Manager - Tech to join our Cross-Channel Marketing Platform team to help drive the strategy and vision of modern customer engagement. Our team works on enabling our customer relationship and lifecycle marketing via the development of the tools, infrastructure, and data integrations required to manage high-scale, personalized (ML driven) customer interactions with Amazon's leading digital music products, including the Music Store and Cloud Player, on web, Android, Kindle, iOS and other platforms. This includes merchandising, e-mail, in-app, and push channels as well as building cross-channel capabilities to automate customer communications with the right message at the right time in the right channel.
What is in it for you?
• Team culture: You'll be joining a fun team that prides itself on a great work environment with an inclusive group of people that loves working together towards a common goal.
• Impact: Work on a service that will be used, directly and indirectly, by millions of customers and has a meaningful impact to their interactions with Amazon Music
• Gratification: You will know you are directly responsible for driving business impact and delighting customer experiences.
• Critical and Fast: This is a strategic new team for Amazon Music, and we are growing & moving fast, really fast.
• Ownership: You will quickly become responsible for key components of the service, and drive what and how to build them.
• Learn & Grow: If want to learn and grow with challenges of a designing and building a large-scale system integrating across a variety of services, this is for you.
• Innovate: We learn from our customers and invent every day on their behalf.
• Make history: Amazon Music is reinventing the way we listen to music and engage with customers across the devices they use every day. Your passion for music and technology will help shape that future.
• Have fun: Surround yourself with a highly talented pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also work in a fun and autonomous environment.
• 8+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
• 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• 8+ years program or product management experience in consumer facing technology industry
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience working on agile enabled teams
• Experience coordinating projects across cross-functional teams, including technical, engineering, marketing, and UX design
• Business and technical experience building and scaling marketing automation platforms with emphasis on big data and ML capabilities.
• Analytical and quantitative skills; bias towards data-based decision making
• Excellent customer experience intuition. You obsess about customers and have the demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into crisp, detailed product requirements.
• Relentless bias for action. One of your favorite things to do as a product manager to launch, learn and iterate. You know what matters most to customers and can simplify product requirements to deliver benefits to customers as quickly as possible.
• Proven ability to make smart features (customer experience) versus time-to-market trade-offs. You have experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value.
• Proven ability to understand and solve complex business problems, leveraging your strong analytical skills and ability to dive deep, to create effective strategies.
• Excellent communication skills, particularly written skills. You are as comfortable speaking in front of the company at an all-hands meeting as you are writing a detailed six-page narrative on your products that you can defend with the highest levels of senior leadership.
• Basic technical fluency. You understand how your products get built and can use that knowledge to work with your engineering partners to make smart decisions.
• Strong collaboration skills, with a proven ability to work across functions and influence senior leaders. You quickly earn the trust of people you work with. People enjoy and have fun working with you.
• Sense of humor. You work hard on behalf of customers, but don't take yourself too seriously.
• Passionate about music. We obsess over and build products that we want to use ourselves.