|Category||Operations, IT, & Support Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
As an Amazon Field Engineer, you will provide full life-cycle support to AWS Data Centers from design inception through site improvement and maintenance. You will be the 'go to' engineering resource for your region when technical advice is needed, and will use your subject matter expertise and engage with diverse teams to:
• Perform design and equipment submittal review for new Data Centers in your region.
• Troubleshoot, conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and create Corrective Action (CA) documentation for site/equipment failures.
• Directly support operational issues with ad-hoc training, complex operating procedure reviews, including critical equipment, and event support.
• Own the design for existing data center upgrades and design-solutions, which add capacity, improve availability, and increase efficiency.
• Lead, Review, and approve designs for existing data center upgrades, which improve availability/efficiency.
• Interface with internal data center design engineering team, server hardware team, environmental health and safety team to promote standards that maintain consistency and reliability in services delivered.
• Work on concurrent projects, sometimes in multiple geographical regions.
• Initiate and lead engineering site audits within Amazon's owned or colo data centers. Produce reports outlining risks with recommended mitigations and remediations.
• Act as resident engineer during new construction projects. Support construction, commissioning, and turnover.
Amazon's vision is to be the world's most customer-centric company, and this role is key to that vision. As a Field Engineer, you will be leading projects to fit out our data centers to meet ever-evolving customer needs as we continue expanding our fleet to hyper-scale. As an ideal candidate you:
• Possess strong engineering judgement and are able to provide recommendations despite uncertainty
• Are detail and data oriented
• Have experience managing engineering projects and consultants.
• Build trust and relationships with different stakeholders (e.g., Operations, Commissioning, Construction and Design)
• Be inclined to get into the field to see things up close.
Each day you will interact with different teams responsible for all aspects of the data centers. You will prioritize your activities to support data center capacity availability and safety focusing on the actions that are most impactful. You will have the opportunity to work on projects locally and globally.
We have an immediate opening for a Field Engineer in Oregon. If you meet these qualifications, exude passion, and enjoy the challenge of innovative projects at hyper-scale, this job is for you!
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
• Coursework in commercial/industrial power systems and/or mechanical systems
• Organized and have the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines and budget
• Possess leadership and problem-solving skills
• Experience using a variety of web based and other software tools for calculation and data processing.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.