|Category||Hardware Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Project Kuiper is an initiative to provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world using a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites. This system packs some of the highest throughput per square meter between earth and space while optimizing the user experience.
We are looking for a Senior Manager who has a demonstrated track record to hire, build and lead the satellite bus electronics team. In addition to team leadership, you will provide deep technical expertise in defining, architecting, implementing, verifying, putting into production and deploying to the field highly reliable, power efficient, and low cost electronics that fly the satellite, capture and convert power and host the communications and propulsion systems.
Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earth's most customer-centric company, and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in space and ground based systems. Along the way, we guarantee that you will learn a lot, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• Hire, lead and guide the satellite bus electronics team through architecture, trade studies, technology selection, circuit design and analysis, design reviews, schematic capture, component selection, circuit board stack-up design and layout, prototyping, bring-up, debugging, characterization and productization.
• Deliver the satellite bus electronics: flight computer, power conversion, batteries, sensors, attitude determination and control, propulsion electronics, and rest of vehicle interfaces.
• Develop and manage development processes, design quality assurance, design release, and product lifecycle management.
• Partner with cross-functional teams including antenna & RF engineering, mechanical engineering, software, test, integration, reliability, compliance/regulatory, verification, qualification, manufacturing, program management, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of experience in electronics development across full product life cycles - concept to production to release of products with one or more of the following areas: complex consumer products, satellite subsystems, cellular, automotive, aerospace, robotics, cloud servers, or high-end networking infrastructure
• 10+ years of experience in board partitioning, component selection, design for manufacturing and high reliability, and optimization for schedule, cost, power, and performance
• 7+ years of experience managing an electrical engineering systems team
• Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering
• Strong electronics design skills and experience with autonomous flight or automotive solutions, sensors system (like cameras, GPS, gyros, etc.), propulsion systems, or power systems (battery, solar, reliable power), high speed I/O, SERDES, memory bus interfaces,
• Demonstrated innovation in complex board design, and ability to work through detailed issues with thermal, system design, software, and size, weight, power, reliability, performance with other teams.
• Demonstrated knowledge of electronics supply chain, evaluation of components, component assembly, board fabrication, design and materials.
• Excellent debug skills, usage of oscilloscopes, network analyzers, spectrum analyzer, TDR, etc.
• Excellent communicator - written and verbal
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us