|Category||Supply Chain/Transportation Management||Job type||Full Time|
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take the first step and a day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
Amazon Freight Operations Overview
Amazon Freight Operations and Support (AF Ops) is the Pan- European team that handles Amazon Freight's Shipper Support and Transportation Execution. We are responsible for planning and scheduling the transport orders placed by our customers (Shippers), and providing them with support at each step of their journey. We play a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon Freight's European transportation network and have a direct impact on Shipper Experience.
Customer Support Manager Overview
Amazon Freight Operations is looking to hire a motivated, highly committed, and customer-obsessed Customer Support Manager.
The Customer Support Manager manages a large team responsible for 24x7 frontline operations for Amazon Freight. They works in a cross-functional environment, both internal and external facing, with Shippers, Carriers, the Amazon Freight business team, Supply Chain, and the Retail organizations to determine future demand for transportation resources, and translates the aforementioned into accurate capacity plans. They drive the vision of Operations, facilitating the flow of information between different stakeholders and leads resolution of any potential issues that impact Shipper experience and business continuity, in a fast-paced environment.
• Can independently identify up-stream and down-stream operational problems and implement appropriate solutions before they become customer impacting.
• Manage a 24x7 team, of different levels of seniority and experience
• Serve as an escalation point for the support team and leads
• Brings a department and company-wide perspective to decision making with strong business acumen (understands how to calculate high-level ROI and partner with finance to complete a cost-benefit analysis)
• Design, develop, deploy and maintain large scale operations with a customer experience focus
• Gather functional requirements and convert those into a realistic, detailed functional spec and project plan
• Has a deep understanding of the business' and end user's needs, and can proficiently translate those needs into the right solution
• Prioritize competing projects across departments. Focus is on projects for an entire group or department, or a major piece of a larger cross-company product or project.
• Makes the right trade-offs between schedule, resources, and scope in order to deliver on customer promise.
• Identifies and evaluates potential risks/obstacles with minimal direction from senior managers. Determines appropriate corrective action.
• University Education: Master or Bachelor degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management or similar
• +3 years experience in managing teams
• +5 years experience in customer facing roles across operations / supply chain / logistics / e-commerce or similar
• Experience with identifying and implementing process improvements and dealing with complex implementations in cross functional teams
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, strong interpersonal and communication skills to engage with external customers, but also internal leadership teams
• Strong analytical skills to extract and assess data and trends using both quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques (intermediate Excel - VLOOKUP/INDEX/MATCH, text functions, pivot tables, customize graphs )
• Fluent in English
• Advanced Excel / Intermediate SQL
• Fluent in German
• Experience identifying automation opportunities and managing change