|Category||Editorial, Writing, & Content Management||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Are you a skilled writer and technology enthusiast pursuing a future in technical communication? The technical documentation team at Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking college students to join us as summer interns. In this position, you will apply your education and refine your technical writing skills with hands-on experience. You will produce high-quality, external publications that help customers achieve their goals.
As a Technical Writer intern, you will join our team for a 3-month program this summer. With the guidance of a mentor, you will complete a project that resembles the work done by full-time, professional Technical Writers. You will deliver accurate, well-written, useful, and customer-focused documentation. You will work with other Technical Writers as well as Software Development Engineers, Product Managers, UX Designers, UX Researchers, and other roles in a cross-functional, distributed environment.
The ideal candidate has excellent writing skills and technical aptitude.
To be eligible, applicants must have at least one semester or quarter remaining after the internship. Applicants who are enrolled in a certification program must have a Bachelor's Degree and complete the certification after the internship to be eligible for a full-time offer from the AWS Documentation team.
The AWS Documentation team writes and provides support for a diverse audience consisting of developers, DevOps professionals, IT professionals, technical program managers, and scientists. We have both the technical background and the writing background that enable our team to deliver high-quality technical documentation. On behalf of our customers, we do much more than just write the docs. We innovate, we research, we learn, and we experiment. We collaborate with product managers to understand our customers' needs. We partner with software developers to learn the inner workings of AWS services so that we can influence design and the customer experience. We know that what we do makes a difference in the successful adoption and implementation of AWS services.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
• Work closely with a mentor to complete a scoped and predefined project
• Produce high-quality documentation for AWS customers
• Follow a style guide to produce content that is consistent with AWS standards
• Collaborate with experienced Amazonians in a multi-disciplinary environment
• Produce examples for developers, such as example code, demo apps, or Jupyter notebooks
• Currently enrolled in a master's or bachelor's degree program in English, Computer Science, or a related field OR currently enrolled in certificate program in Technical Communication or Technical Writing and has completed a bachelor's degree in English, Computer Science, or a related field
• Experience writing professional content that helps people complete technical tasks, such as programming, administering IT systems, using enterprise applications, or implementing cloud-based solutions
• Demonstrated ability to write content that is clear, well organized, and grammatically correct
• Experience with cloud computing, Web Services, IaaS, PaaS, or related areas
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results
• Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
Do you feel that inclusion and diversity are necessities in the workplace? So do we! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .