|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our services provide the core authentication and authorization technologies to access all AWS services including Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, and Amazon DynamoDB, as well as AWS applications such as Amazon QuickSight, Amazon Connect, and Amazon Chime. We continuously innovate to provide security and standards-based authorization solutions that scale massively and are globally distributed.
We are seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial Sr. Technical Product Manager to drive new access management features for our customers. You should be passionate about helping customers operate more securely in the cloud. As a key member of a small team, you will drive our product roadmap for how customers grant and manage permissions for those identities. You will have the responsibility of inventing on behalf of our customers and advocating for their needs throughout the design, build, and deployment process. Candidates will be committed to dive deep into data, have strong writing skills, be comfortable leading executive-level reviews. and adapt and iterate quickly.
Learn and Be Curious. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusion and Diversity. Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• 5+ years product management and/or business leadership experience in a technology context
• Proven track record of delivering results for large, cross-functional initiatives while managing multiple innovative priorities
• Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
• Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels
• Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products and customer-facing features
• Strong written and verbal communication and persuasion skills
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; comfort with pro-forma financial and operational analysis
• Implementation orientation; demonstrated ability to translate strategic differentiators into innovative and detailed product requirements
• Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
• Proven ability to make smart feature (customer experience) versus time-to-market trade-offs; experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value
• Effectively mentor product manager growth
• Experience operating in a global environment