|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
The Amazon Music Personalization team is looking for a talented Senior Technical Program Manager to shape personalization and recommendations across Amazon Music's visual and voice experiences. You will work closely with product and software development to deliver the best personalization experiences with efficient use of machine learning technology. You will make strong business cases for project prioritization and investment and anticipate bottlenecks and risks in our machine learning applications that drive personalization and recommendations system that impact millions of customers. If you enjoy solving problems in a dynamic environment and influencing business and technical leaders with your creative solutions, we want to talk to you!
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
• Drive implementation and delivery of large-scale personalization initiatives.
• Lead agile engineering and design teams to coordinate, prioritize and deliver to a daring roadmap
• Understand service interdependencies and lead cross-functional teams towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
• Clarify, prioritize and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability
• Articulate program goals, desired outcomes, risks/issues and mitigation plan clearly
• Support and enhance existing products with thoughtful and measurable impact
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 2+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 2+ years of technical program management experience
• 2+ years' experience with complex technology projects involving data analysis, software engineering and program management
• Experience with agile methodologies
• Experience with project delivery for large, cross functional projects
• Master's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field
• Experience in building large scale personalization and recommendation systems
• Experience in developing and deploying scalable machine learning applications
• Experience building and launching consumer software products for web, mobile or desktop platforms
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in an energizing environment
• Customer relationship skills including the ability to discover true requirements, underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet bold timelines with optimal solutions
• A deep understanding of the SDLC and consistent record of achieving program objectives on schedule, on budget and meeting quality criteria
• Strong sense of ownership and accountability for program success.
• Performance Tuning and Scalability Testing