|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Do you like Amazon Alexa and have a passion for cars? The Alexa Automotive team is seeking a Senior Program Manager to help integrate Alexa and related services into the car. Are you the kind of hands-on technical professional who can help our partners? In this role, you will wear many hats. You must possess a unique combination of technical skills and business acumen as well as a do-what-it-takes attitude to ensure our partners are able to take full advantage of Alexa and are delivering a delightful end user experience.
Ideally, you're someone who embraces new technology launches, and want to help guide the broader automotive industry towards a technology you believe in. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so. You don't just want to be part of an industry movement; you want to be out front leading it. If this sounds like you, we'd like to speak with you.
• Respond to partner request for quotations (RFQ) or similar requests with appropriate documentation
• Lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts with internal teams and external partners
• Scope and deliver large projects end-to-end
• Drive project schedules from design to release
• Make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market
• Clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams
• Develop tools and processes that streamline integration
• Brief Amazon executive teams on progress in adopting Alexa and related services
Open to different locations (Detroit is preferred).
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• Experience working in the automotive industry with deep understanding of automotive in-vehicle-infotainment (IVI) system architecture
• An advanced degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline
• Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience driving overall strategy and teams across organizations
• Experience working independently to design, plan, and execute technical projects; able to distill data and articulate rationale for making difficult trade-offs
• Experience with speech-related hardware systems