|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
AWS Network Security is looking for a Security Engineering Manager who can drive and improve access controls across Amazon's growing global network. AWS is architected to be the most flexible and secure cloud computing environment available today. Our core infrastructure is built to satisfy the security requirements for the government, global banks, and other high-sensitivity organizations but the challenge doesn't end there as each day we work to raise the bar for our customers. The security engineers within this team drive the approaches and outcomes for delivery of AWS next-generation networks with telemetry and automation at massive scale.
A Security Engineering Manager in Amazon will be strong in multiple security domains and sought out for advice on technical issues. Efficient time management skills are required along with the ability to deliver results in the face of uncertainty. A manager in this role must show exemplary judgment when making technical trade-offs between short versus long term security and business goals. They must demonstrate resilience and navigate situations with confidence and tact.
This is your opportunity to build a technical Amazon team, working closely with software, systems and network engineers to develop software defined solutions to increase security while reducing complexity. A successful candidate must be one that can manage risk-based assessments founded on data and facts. The right candidate must think like both an attacker and defender, and drive organizations to take actions and mitigate risk. We are seeking managers, and engineers, with subject matter expertise in network security and software systems, specifically with access controls in large, segmented networks. We value broad technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of networking, network security, software security, security operations and incident response.
• 5+ years security engineering work experience, or a bachelor's degree in: Cybersecurity, Computer Science/Engineering, Informatics, Networking, or related academic degrees
• 3+ years experience managing security engineers, software development engineers, or systems engineers
• Experience leading and developing highly-skilled engineering teams
• Experience forming teams and recruiting software engineers and managers
• Experience building data driven projects, gaining buy-in and driving outcomes to completion
• Good understanding of various platforms and technologies (AWS, CI/CD, Python, Rust, Go, Perl, Ruby)
• Good understanding in network security engineering, secure development, operations, or policy administration
• Good understanding of networking concepts, ACL administration, or config management
• Experience with AWS technologies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with networking concepts, routing protocols, and common attacks
• Familiarity with security compliance and controls
• Familiarity with Linux/Unix tools and architecture
• Experience with mission-critical service-oriented software systems
• Relevant industry certifications from SANS, ISC2, etc
• Practical experience with software engineering best practices
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.