|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
Come help Amazon create and deploy cutting edge new technologies in Global Logistics! As a Systems Development Engineer in the Amazon Global Mile team, you will be instrumental in helping us deliver new EDI integrations and technical solutions that allow Amazon to move inventory quickly and cost-effectively from overseas into our warehouses. The Global Mile team supports multiple geographies and is on the cutting edge of new initiatives that will reshape global commerce.
The right candidate will possess a strong EDI engineering background, will have demonstrated experience delivering small to medium projects with limited guidance, and is well rounded in both technical and program management activities. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment where ambiguity or competing priorities is the norm. This means you are not only able to drive the implementation and maintenance of highly technical programs but also think beyond the current task to ensure the overall strategy will scale. You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. You must be familiar and comfortable managing systems that form the backbone of operational processes and act with urgency to maintain and ensure these systems/processes never fail.
• 3+ years hands-on experience performing EDI integrations for supply chain/logistics companies
• 3+ years experience with ANSI X12 standards, including documents such as 315, 310, 214 and others such as XML
• 3+ years experience with EDI communications standards and protocols - AS2, SFTP, HTTPS
• 3+ years' experience working with dev teams to design/architect business software solutions
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize tasks.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of coding experience in SQL, Java, C++, or Perl
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.