|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
As a member of The Amazon Network Infrastructure team, you'll have a unique opportunity to shape the development of one of the world's largest and most complex optical networks. With Amazon Web Services our goal is to become "The Infrastructure Platform" to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services.
Our networks will enable us to continue to scale the existing services, and to enable new services. You'll be chartered with leading the development of innovative optical solutions, which will change how we build optical infrastructure to support Amazon's ever growing capacity requirements. You'll drive a step-change in Amazon's ability to provision, manage and monitor the network.
Sr. Optical Network Development Engineer Job Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with vendors/manufacturers to evaluate new hardware and software features and come up with implementation plans for incorporating them into the network.
• Collaborate with vendors/manufactures in defining and developing test plan for Optical Modules.
• Automate optical test plans and qualify optical modules.
• Work with network operations team in identifying operation issues and improving quality and RMA process.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Masters/PhD degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Physics or Computer Engineering with 5+ years' of closely related experience.
• Experience conceptualizing and delivering engineering solutions to customers.
• 5+ years of hands-on, optical network experience.
• 4+ years of experience with optical transceivers and IEEE standards.
• Experience writing software that controls network routing functions.
• Experience working with optical protocols and technologies.
• Experience working with optical and networking merchant silicon suppliers.
• Experience developing test scripts for optics validation and characterization.
• Expertise in hardware and systems design and development.
• Expertise in debugging and troubleshooting.
• Experience working with ODM and CM suppliers of Optical Modules.
• Significant experience in the product development lifecycle.
• Proven track record of innovating or inventing network solutions to business problems.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this roles.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.