|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Are you interested in being part of a top-notch security team covering all Amazon consumer devices (including hardware and low-level functionality) as well as key Amazon services supporting our consumer devices (such as Computer Vision, AppStore, Device Registration, Kindle, etc.)? If you want to keep customers safe, then we have a job for you! Amazon's Digital team is growing and looking for a strong leader. You will be tasked in setting the strategic direction for penetration testing and offensive research on Amazon consumer products while developing and taking the team to the next level.
Your will have an enormous opportunity to lead a strong team to proactively find, mitigate high risk security vulnerabilities and drive improvements during the product development lifecycle of Amazon consumer devices, services, mobile and web applications. In this role, you will lead of a dedicated team of talented security professionals performing vulnerability research, penetration testing and red team exercises to identify vulnerabilities. You will guide the team to understand systems, software, and services deeply and develop creative ways to break assumptions in order to find vulnerabilities. You will drive strategies to automate and scale detection of vulnerabilities and enable early detection. You care deeply about keeping Amazon customers safe and therefore are passionate about mitigating vulnerabilities/risks by providing actionable guidance to product teams. You drive long term security improvements by identifying key gaps and partner with product teams to drive security improvements at scale. You're well-known for your excellent prioritization skills as well as your ability to communicate at all levels of an organization.
Note: While the majority of our Security/Privacy roles are based in the Bay Area, CA and Seattle, WA areas, by applying to this position your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States, including but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Bellevue, WA; Sunnyvale, CA, Austin TX.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field or relevant work experience
• 10+ years of industry experience with hands-on engineering experience
• 10+ years of risk assessment or vulnerability detection/research and enabling organizations making decisions
• 10+ years managing and building teams (including coaching and mentoring)
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Candidates with experience in at least one of the areas is preferred.
• 10+ years of experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
• A self-starter who can take general direction and produce specific results. When the resources are not immediately at-hand, you enjoy reaching out to a wide array of functional groups across an organization to get the information you need.
• Significant experience and detailed technical knowledge in one of the following areas of: security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
• Experience with threat modeling or other risk identification techniques, and risk management
• Experience managing a team of strong security engineers to identify vulnerabilities.
• Experience partnering and influencing cross functional engineering, QA and testing teams to drive security improvements in complex products
• Experience driving prioritization of security risks/vulnerabilities and ensuring that they are properly understood by the business and fixed and/or mitigated.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations and drive actions
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age