|Category||Supply Chain/Transportation Management||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box with the smile arrived, you wondered how it got to you so fast? Have you wondered where it came from and what series of events helped make that quick delivery possible? If so, the Fleet Supply Chain team is for you. We manage a supply chain of vehicles that help deliver billions of packages each year and will only be more vital in increasing the speed of delivery to our customers.
Are you interested in engineering the metrics model that drives continuous improvement for Amazon's global delivery operations? AMZL delivery operations manage the delivery of tens of millions of products every week to Amazon's customers and are on pace to become one of the largest parcel carriers in the world.
The AMZL Fleet Supply Chain team works on the top opportunities across delivery stations and DSPs (Delivery Service Partners) with respect to all things vehicle related. We are accountable for influencing business-critical decisions that enable scale and deliver consistent, industry leading, performance. We will raise the bar on customer experience and speed while lowering costs and supporting our rapid growth.
The AMZL Fleet Supply Chain team seeks an enthusiastic, customer obsessed, Business Intelligence Engineer to define and develop strategic initiatives behind operational challenges that will set the pace for the next generation of Amazon Logistics. As a BIE in Fleet Supply Chain, you will be given the responsibility to lead and influence business-critical decisions across multiple organizations and geographies with the metrics that you create and manage.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a proven engineer, diligent task manager, communicator, and problem solver. You will work on large, complex initiatives, deal with ambiguity and advocate on behalf of the customers. Great candidates have the ability to use data, analytics, and engineering to drive changes themselves by acting on the outcomes.
Responsibilities may include:
• Engineering critical input and output metrics across the full operations spectrum
• Creating process performance metrics to measure operational performance, identify root causes and trends, and prescribe action plans for delivery stations around the globe
• Managing metrics across multiple projects simultaneously
• Working with technology and analytics teams to support the development of tools and dashboards
• Communicating with and supporting various internal stakeholders and external audiences
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems Finance or related field
• 3+ years of demonstrated experience in data modeling, ETL, data warehousing, and transformation of large scale data sources using SQL, Redshift, Oracle, or other Big Data technologies
• Strong analytical skills including SQL, including the ability to pull data and use data to identify and solve ambiguous problem
• Advanced skills in Excel as well as any data visualization tools like Tableau or similar BI tools
• Experience of complex operational, process, and performance improvement projects
• Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data
• Ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
•Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Statistics, Finance or related field
• Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management as required.
• Expert in writing and tuning SQL scripts
• Experience working in very large data warehouse environments
• Experience in a data engineer or BIE role with a technology company
• Experience conducting large scale data analysis to support business decision making
• Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
• Advanced knowledge of Java, Python, Tableau and/or R
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.