|Category||Supply Chain/Transportation Management||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile, portable, hand-held consumer electronics products, like the Kindle. The products we design and engineer are easy-to-use and offer users benefits that are only made possible through tightly integrated digital technologies and wireless connectivity.
As a member of the Commodity Management Team, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
• Work closely with Engineering to influence technical design decisions to meet technical capabilities, and business objectives.
• Work closely with Engineering to define standard and custom product requirements.
• Develop a commodity technology roadmap aligning business requirements with supplier capabilities.
• Responsible for AVL (Approved Vendors List) for commodity, supplier selection and qualification.
• Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service and technology.
• Interface with cross functional teams to assess current and future sourcing requirements.
• Responsible for quarterly executive business reviews of strategic sourcing plan that defines, among other things, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities and annual / quarterly strategic business objectives.
• Manage overall supplier relationships including supplier performance, capability development , cost and quality improvements.
• Maintain personal knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures and technical improvements.
• Periodic travel to supplier's manufacturing sites.
• Support our OEM supplier initiatives including annual cost reductions, VMI/JIT, lead-time reductions, favorable payment terms, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management or Engineering.
• 5+ years experience in high volume manufacturing operations or sourcing environment.
• Direct experience in supplier / supply chain management.
• Supply chain experience managing cross functional teams in a consumer electronics product company.
• Familiarity with world-class sourcing methods and tools.
• Experience with Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma methodologies.
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Outlook / Access.
• Master's degree preferred
• Strong leadership skills and ability to assume leadership role with cross-functional peers.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Fluent in English; Mandarin is a plus
• Ability to solve problems and coordinate with cross-functional teams.
• Ability to be innovative in issues related to strategic sourcing, vendor relations, quality assurance and the associated measurement systems.
• Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection).
• Experience in Display related field is highly desirable.
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation