|Category||Sales, Advertising, & Account Management||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services - gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing at a staggering pace in terms of revenue, customers, people, and complexity. AWS is an approximately $35B run-rate business supporting over 1M customers with thousands of people across the Sales, Marketing and Support (SMS) organization. The data and information used and needed to effectively manage the SMS organization has had a commensurate growth in complexity and size.
Reporting to the Sales Productivity Lead of Sales Strategy, Enablement and Operations of Worldwide Commercial Sales for AWS, this role will focus on change management and adoption activities supporting the measurement and analysis of sales metrics and related productivity initiatives to optimize the rapid growth of our cloud business. This individual will need to collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders, customers, cross-functional teams, and external vendors to solve problems, implement new reporting solutions, create operational efficiencies, and deliver successfully against high organizational standards.
The successful candidate must be a strong advocate for productivity with a desire to lead change management initiatives across WWCS, and will draw upon solid analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills. The individual must be comfortable managing change in a constantly evolving sales organization utilizing and defining strategies to support the rapid growth of AWS.
Preference for this remote position to be in Arlington, VA USA but we are open to these additional locations: Seattle, WA USA - Austin, TX USA, Boston, MA USA - New York, NY USA. Relocation assistance is available within the United States.
• Work across the Sales Strategy, Enablement and Operations of the Worldwide Commercial Sales to support change management of productivity initiatives
• Provide thought leadership and catalyze action around measuring, tracking, and understanding the productivity trends across an ever evolving, sizable sales staff
• Provide a monthly reporting cadence of productivity initiatives
• Support customer conversations on topics such as account planning, customer engagement, and sales execution
• Influence sales executives and influence required change management across cross functional leaders
• Develop relationships across our WWCS organization to maintain a pulse on productivity improvement opportunities
• Explore gaps in performance and establish corrective actions to improve productivity
• Drive efficiencies and global focus across a complex and matrixed enterprise sales teams across the organization
• Up to 15% travel required
• 7+ years of operations experience
• 3+ years experience working with competing demands
• 2+ years in complex problem solving
• BA/BS Degree required
• 7+ years of experience in both enterprise sales and sales operations
• 2+ years experience in sales productivity and sales effectiveness
• has exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
• capable of communicating with both technical and non-technical customers and field stakeholders and with senior levels
• able to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple, complex projects
• is a creative, hands-on problem solver with the ability to make smart decisions
• is driven by an operational excellence mind-set and experience, is data driven and has excellent problem-solving skills
• is adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable mechanism
• has the ability to operate within a dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment
• is able to think big and help build out the organization
• can balance bias for action with strong attention to detail
• has the ability to iterate quickly as business needs dictate
• has familiarity with the AWS platform, products, solutions and capabilities
• meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Demonstrated track record of success with operational matters
• Persuasive verbal & written communication skills with senior leaders
has an advanced degree
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.