|Category||Sales, Advertising, & Account Management||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
At Amazon we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build our Public Sector team then this is your chance to make history.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
The Public Sector Global Lead Development Team is expanding! As a Lead Development Representative (LDR) you will be an important member of the sales organization, playing a critical role in qualifying leads, profiling customers and providing input on which sales campaigns generate the best leads. Working in collaboration with your global peers, marketing, account managers and the partner channel, your primary objective is to identify and create qualified opportunities for your vertical.
• Manage incoming leads in a timely manner in a wider geographical
• Conduct discussions with prospects and existing customers over the phone to identify and qualify opportunities
• Understand customer pain points, gather technical requirements and correlate business value to customer needs
• Generate interest and provide vision of the portfolio of AWS solutions to potential customers
• Understand existing and developing technologies as it relates to cloud computing
• Achieve monthly qualification goals
• Update and maintain customer information within SalesForce.com
• Provide account management team with detailed call notes to ensure the opportunity is understood and next steps are clearly defined
• Present a high level, technical solution to diverse audiences which include AWS colleagues, prospects and customers relevant to target industry or market
• Travel to the U.S. and abroad as needed
• This role can be filled in Austin, TX or Seattle, WA as well.
• College/University Degree or equivalent experience
• 1+ years of experience in State and Local agency IT prospecting or sales
• 1+ years of experience using a CRM/Customer Relationship Management tool
• 1+ years of experience using the Microsoft Office Suite
• Target orientated, ambitious, creative, customer focused
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-starter with highly developed interpersonal skills and organizational skills, decisive and result oriented who is prepared to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us