|Category||Research Science||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
|City||East Palo Alto|
The Machine Learning Product Teams are responsible for identifying customer needs and building products and services to meet those needs. As a member of the AWS team, you will work side-by-side with the Product Teams to continue to build the products and services designed with fairness and explainability in mind.
We are looking for a senior science leader devoted to ML fairness and who is highly visible in the community. The leader in this role will do the following:
• Oversee and define the strategies, priorities and allocation of resources of the team and execute for delivery.
• Understand in depth the technical and scientific issues related to machine learning fairness.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
• Serve as a spokesperson when needed.
• Advanced degree (e.g., M.S. or PhD) in computer science, statistics, engineering, mathematics or relevant discipline, ideally with a research or engineering focus on algorithmic fairness and explainability in machine learning and related topics.
• 10+ years of professional experience.
• 5+ years of management experience.
• Demonstrated ability to drive complex initiatives and deliver results in collaboration with software engineering teams.
• Experience with machine learning applications.
• Passion for reducing bias in machine learning systems.
• Willingness to engage with academic community working on fairness and explainability.
• Ability to work well with Product Team colleagues without control via direct reporting line.
• Ability to communicate high-level concepts effectively to internal and external stakeholders.
• Executive presentation skills as well as strong written, communication and interpersonal skills.