|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Transparency represents an incredible opportunity to raise retail industry standards around authenticity, product transparency, and supply chain tracking. Transparency is a strategic new software-as-a-service launched by Amazon for the global consumer goods industry. We are focused on building a global industry wide service that allows consumer brands to track and trace goods through the supply chain, ensure only authentic product enters the supply chain, and provide consumers transparent information about the origin and authenticity of the goods they purchase both online and in retail stores. Our customers include individual consumer brands who sell both on and off of Amazon direct and through a network of direct and third-party sellers
To achieve our goals, we are looking for a strong, tech oriented, Product Development leader. As the Product Development leader you would execute our vision through collaboration with large industry partners and expand Transparency's footprint globally. As part of the process you would also be expected to influence product definition and program strategy.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Product strategy and direction: Continually assess the needs of our customers and partners in defining and evolving the product and business strategy for this team.
• Roadmap Planning: Deliver world-class innovation in features, usability and product performance in a consistent cadence of releases. Be the internal and external authority and advocate for your program. Ensure consistent execution of product lifecycle processes from concept to launch, driving value-based prioritization of product development initiatives to ensure maximum ROI.
• Requirements Definition: Develop comprehensive product plans incorporating customer needs, defining the competitive arena, and establishing the objectives, strategies, and actions required to achieve business goals. Produce high-quality requirements docs and effectively prioritize and manage the scope of each product launch to deliver key capabilities on time and on budget.
- Work with the tech teams to craft business requirement documents
The candidate should be able to think through business and technical integration challenges and drive product strategies and features to solve for them. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business and product, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. Candidate will also have excellent communication skills and will be able to effectively interact with executives at Amazon and external partners. Additionally, a keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must in our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
• 10+ years of technology product management experience.
• Experience as a product leader who can prioritize, communicate and influence across cross-functional teams to launch and improve complex products.
• Ability to understand and discuss technical architectural concepts, tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to senior management and team members.
• Demonstrated tenacity and sense of urgency in working with small, fast-moving partners and large, less nimble partners.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success.
• Master's degree in business or technology, or equivalent experience.
• Experience in manufacturing environments; clear understanding of product design, development and movement within a supply chain, and the stakeholders at organizations that manage those processes.
• Experience working with enterprise platforms.
• Experience operating in a global environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.