|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Alexa is seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to organize and drive initiatives on the leading edge of Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Information Retrieval (IR), and Speech.
In this role, you will manage the lifecycle of a complex cross-functional program which entails anticipating bottlenecks, providing escalation management, making tradeoffs, and balancing customer and business needs with technical constraints. As a technology program owner, you will be accountable for both strategy development and implementation. Working collaboratively with scientists and developers, you will design and implement new products and features within Alexa as well as automated, scalable NLP/ML/IR models for accessing and presenting information. You will be key to providing long-term perspective and context (past, current, and future) for business and technology choices. A successful candidate will have an innate ability to take large, multifaceted projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then successfully deliver them in a timely manner. This exciting opportunity will impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting-edge product that will be used every day by people you know.
If you are an entrepreneurial, data-driven, innovative, and influential individual who thrives on solving complex ambiguous problems and building innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment working within a smart and passionate team, this might be the role for you.
In This Role, You Will
• Define the mission, vision, and tenets of your team, setting objectives, analyzing data, driving improvements to metrics, and influencing resource allocation - all with limited oversight;
• Drive scalable solutions from the business to prototyping, production testing, and engineering all the way through to production;
• Create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria, and clearly communicate progress and outcomes;
• Relentlessly simplify and demonstrate significant innovation, creativity, and good judgment when solving challenging problems;
• Drive best practices on the team, deal with ambiguity and competing objectives, and proactively identify and mitigate risks before they become roadblocks;
• Write effective narratives and present them concisely and effectively to Directors and VPs;
• Help teams reduce exposure to classic failure modes (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood/documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from of the use of third-party technologies, APIs not protected/hardened, insufficient testing/gaps in QA)
• 5+ years experience in software engineering, software development management, technical program/project management, or a related technical field
• 2+ years of focused TPM experience
• Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• Analytical acumen - comfortable generating and evaluating data to guide decisions. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Ability to code in one programming language
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including an ability to effectively collaborate with research and technical teams, earn the trust of your colleagues, and influence senior stakeholders
• Ability to engage multiple technical teams to drive consistent expectations towards a shared goal
• Fluency in technical program management and engineering best practices
• Proven problem solving skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Previous work experience as a software developer
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age