|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Buckeye is a program to enable us to leverage new AWS regions and improve the efficiency and scale of our business, improve customer latency through local affinity to compute resources, and reduce blast radius in case of region failures. The Buckeye end-state architecture enables individual services to break region coupling with their interdependencies while retaining the ability to keep critical business functions within a region.
The Buckeye Connectivity team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, inventive technical program manager to refine and drive our vision. The candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, understands service-oriented architecture, and will help us help the business innovate quickly at scale.
As part of this team, your responsibilities will include:
• Working with customers in identifying their needs and uncovering new problems and opportunities.
• Interacting with engineers, other technical product/program managers and development teams to define and deliver complex projects.
• Helping in devising the strategy and roadmap for the existing and new products.
• Reaching out to customers to understand their usage pattern of services and future needs.
• Running campaigns to migrate customers between services/products or newer versions of them.
• Creating, maintaining and disseminating project/program information to customers and leadership.
• Identifying, assessing, tracking and mitigating issues and risks at multiple levels.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
• Exhibits excellent judgment
• Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
• Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
• Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
• Strong results orientation
• Thinks big
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in technical program management in a software environment
• 8+ years of experience in a software development, architect or program manager role managing software projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, product development and project management
• Experience in backend systems, and infrastructure.
• Strong technical background with hands on experience building complex software systems
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Excellent problem-solving skills