|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
IMDb TV, launched in 2019, is Amazon's free, ad-supported streaming video channel, enabling customers to watch hit TV shows, top Hollywood movies and more without purchasing a subscription. IMDb TV is shaping the future of streaming entertainment by striving toward our mission to build earth's most customer-centric premium ad-supported video service, and making premium licensed and original content free and convenient for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy. Amazon Studios, the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon, produces Originals and licenses premium content for IMDb TV, similar to their role worldwide for Amazon's Prime Video. We are just getting started at IMDb TV and changing the way millions of people enjoy entertainment. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
You will be part of a team of software engineers, product managers and UX engineers launching new products and experiences for IMDb TV customers using "Living Room" devices. You will have a system-wide, architectural view of the solutions that you drive and own the challenges of delivering consistent software on multiple devices that may be constrained in memory and cpu performance. You will be involved in every aspect of the process: idea generation, business analysis, technical and architectural design; as well as software development using the latest technologies and design patterns. Our systems set the highest standards of performance and reliability, and will operate at unprecedented global scale, 24x7.
As a Technical Program Manager (TPM), you will be a technical leader with impact. If you are a self-starter, enjoy defining, shaping and building new customer obsessed experiences and are intrigued by ambiguous problems, this is a role for you.
You will have the opportunity to truly make an impact and will contribute to delivering a new global experience for customers, and a new market opportunity for Amazon. We need your help to increase customer streams by launching us on an ever-increasing number of 3rd party devices, while reducing the friction and time required to achieve this.
In order to launch we work across myriad of internal and external teams; the TPM will own and abstract as much of this away from the internal engineering teams so that they can focus on adding features, and improving the CX.
You will create and drive the programmatic space for priority device launches, as well as the internationalisation work to ensure that localised experiences are raising the bar for global customers. Working across multiple engineering teams you will track and drive down the time and costs to release across devices, and deliver features that are operationally excellent and still sustainable.
Given the scope of the role you will achieve a lot of visibility and represent us in partner meetings with business and legal teams, and put mechanisms in place to make these efficient and drive the right outcomes for our customers.
•Translate customer's business requirements into technical/functional specifications for the engineers
• Ascertain the true requirements underlying feature requests; recommend alternative technical approaches to meet timelines
• Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are fit for purpose
• Partner as a technical liaison between customers, product, UX, business and engineering teams
• System design experience
• Technical program management experience
• Experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
• Strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap
• Excellent communication and persuasion skills; demonstrated success building innovation and vision
• Experience operating in a global environment, ideally within a similar streaming or advertising domain
• Able to translate strategic differentiators into innovative and detailed product requirements
• Comfortable understanding and discussing architectural concepts, schedule trade-offs and new opportunities with technical teams
• Able to make customer experience versus time-to-market trade-offs; experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value
• Exercise bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Prior experience leading cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management; excellent interpersonal skills
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates. All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.