|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
Location: Multiple Locations - United Kingdom, Luxembourg and Germany
Duration: 4 to 6 months
An internship at Amazon will provide you with an unforgettable working experience in a fast-paced, flexible and international environment with unique opportunities to learn from the best.
Amazon is a company of builders. A philosophy of ownership carries through everything we do - from the proprietary technologies we create to the new businesses we launch and grow. You'll find it in every team across our company; from providing Earth's biggest selection of products to developing ground-breaking software and devices that change entire industries, Amazon embraces invention and progressive thinking. Amazon is continually evolving; it's a place where motivated employees thrive, and ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It's as simple as this: we pioneer.
With every order made and parcel delivered, customer demand at Amazon is growing. And to meet this demand, and keep our world-class service running smoothly, we're growing our Operations team across Europe. Delivering hundreds of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, our Operations teams possess a wide range of skills and experience and this includes business analysts in all functions.
About this Internship
The Amazon European Operations teams are a fast-growing international group. We are looking for a passionate, versatile and curious Technical Project Management Intern to work with us on improvement and innovation projects to support the growth of our European network. We want to give our Customers in Europe the best experience possible!
As a Technical Project Management Intern, you are passionate about solving business problems, applying technology and innovation in automation and robotic fields; as well as demonstrating strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills. You must be an effective communicator, have a high sense of (internal) customer service and be able to work with cross-functional teams including Fulfillment Center Operations, Execution teams, Analysts and Senior Management.
As a Technical Project Management Intern you could join one of the following teams: Robotics, Transportation or Operations Engineering.
• Support the Project Managers in one or several projects by assisting them in tracking open actions, conducting ad hoc deep dives to provide data insights useful for decision-making, analyzing processes to identify critical points and improvement opportunities, and anticipating for risks.
• Work with Engineers during the entire software development/technology assessment/deployment readiness process to deliver new products or new features to existing products.
• Support the team in recommending and executing network improvements.
• Work with the team to identify process improvement or standardization opportunities for the European network.
• Contribute with innovative long term/lasting solutions beneficial for the entire team.
• Interact with software engineering, hardware engineering, and other key stakeholders to define and deliver programs.
Key Learning Objectives
Technical Project Management
You will have learnt key success factors to project implementation and stakeholder management in a complex and international environment. You will learn how to work backwards; starting with customers and stakeholders, understand their needs and provide this business context to engineers. You will learn how to apply technology to solve problems, getting hands-on experience with Amazon products and systems. You will have learnt to anticipate for and mitigate risks.
At the end of this internship, you will have developed skills to extract and manipulate large and complex datasets using SQL, will be given insights on simulation models, and will have learnt to master the usage of analytics for driving business decisions and change.
You will have learnt how to communicate results and status updates to stakeholders and Senior Management. You will have interacted with a wide range of people with very diverse roles, including Fulfilment Center Managers, Research Scientists, Product Managers and Software Engineers.
We want to hire the world's brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
• You are currently working towards a 2+ years university degree in Engineering or a related field.
• Knowledge of data collection (e.g. from log files, data stores, SQL, API, etc.).
• You must have the right to work in the country you are applying for.
• You understand the industry technologies in program or product domain (e.g. hardware, network, software, systems) and how to apply those to solve problems.
• Excellent analytical skills, with knowledge of key dependencies, design choices, operability.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Problem-solving mindset, proactive issue resolution skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
• You are able to demonstrate curiosity and pro-activity, which will allow you to gain greater autonomy in the course of the internship and make the most of your time with us to fully achieve your learning and development goals.
• The personal drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd!
• Ability to work successfully in a fast-moving environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities.
• Previous working knowledge of project management tools (Gantt charts, document sharing, etc.) is a plus.
• Previous working knowledge of agile methods and project management tools (such as MS Project or Asana).
• Experience of working with Tableau reporting and analytics.
• Previous work experience - a summer job, internship or full-time role; if it's an experience in a related field or business, even better.
Note: Our employees' safety is our top priority and we continue to monitor the global health situation. Because of this, your internship might be based in one of our facilities or it could be delivered virtually. Should it need to be delivered virtually, we have developed a program that ensures you will continue to have a meaningful and positive internship experience.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decision based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' worldwide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.