|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Do you want to work on challenging large projects and build solutions to real business problems? Do you have software engineering capabilities, exceptional communication, project management skills, and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment?
We are seeking a strong Technical Program Manager (TPM) within the EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) organization. This is a challenging and highly visible position responsible for managing multiple projects and driving results across teams. You will be responsible for identifying stakeholders, working with leadership to develop a vision, executing projects and delivering on our goals. TPMs handle complex inter-team dependencies and bridge the gaps in technical management. You will need to work with professionals in many different domains including finance, engineering, engineering management, and support.
Successful candidates will have a strong technical background, be detail-oriented, have excellent problem solving and communication abilities, and poses a deep understanding of product design and implementation details. Candidate's technical expertise and operational excellence will raise the bar and influence the team's decisions and drive secure and robust solutions which have great customer experience.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• 10+ years of experience in technical program management, or similar technical leadership role
• 10+ years of experience with software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent professional experience
• Experienced in delivering products against plan in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined, distributed-responsibility and often ambiguous environment
• Proven experience in managing large scale enterprise projects
• Solid foundation in understanding service oriented architecture and service inter-dependencies that drive technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
• Experience solving challenging engineering problems with multiple constraints
• Experience managing the lifecycle of a complex cross-functional program with considerable impact
• Experience driving overall strategy and teams across organizations
• Experience working independently to design, plan, and execute technical projects; able to distill data and articulate rationale for making difficult trade-offs
• Demonstrated deep knowledge of technical program management and engineering best practices
• Have a good understanding of networking fundamentals and protocols
• Excellent program management skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent ability to coordinate and contribute to the design of systems within program space to include limitations, scaling, boundary conditions, and architectural decision making process