|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Advertising is one of Amazon's fastest growing and most profitable businesses. As a core product offering within our advertising portfolio, Sponsored Products (SP) helps merchants, retail vendors, and brand owners succeed via native advertising, which grows incremental sales of their products sold through Amazon. The SP team's primary goals are to help shoppers discover new products they love, be the most efficient way for advertisers to meet their business objectives, and build a sustainable business that continuously innovates on behalf of customers. Our products and solutions are strategically important to enable our Retail and Marketplace businesses to drive long-term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks and break fresh ground in product and technical innovations every day!
The Sponsored Sourcing Delivery team owns Ads search, selection and Ads matching systems that involve efficient information retrieval (IR) Search algorithms, query reformulations, Natural language processing, deep-learning algorithms to enable a superior shopper experience and render highly relevant products for shopper's mission.
As a Seniior Technical Program Manager you will:
• Be part of a stellar leadership team to evolve the business roadmap of the team including Product Managers, Software development managers, Director and VP of the org.
• Create and present product vision and team's vision and roadmap to senior executives and key stakeholders, evangelize that technical vision within Amazon.
• Product launch - partner with teams across Amazon Advertising to launch products on an ambitious schedule.
• Engineering execution - drive crisp and timely prioritization based on customer impact and business opportunity; own Sprint planning and execution using Agile practices.
• Process improvements - define, implement and continuously improve processes that improve delivery and operational efficiency.
• Stakeholder management - interface with stakeholders for feature requests and cross-team initiatives.
• Recurring updates - generate regular updates for overall program status, progress against key priorities, learnings and tradeoffs.
• Operational Excellence - monitor metrics and program health, anticipate and clear blockers, drive resolution of escalations.
• Drive efficient planning and execution of new initiatives, in collaboration with advertising and partner teams, to launch product features and technical improvements that move the needle for customers and business results.
Why you love this opportunity:
• Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales.
• Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth.
• We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products.
• We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action.
• With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Team video ~ https://youtu.be/zD_6Lzw8raE
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• System design experience
• 5+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
• Experience driving roadmap strategy and definition
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Master's degree in a business or technology discipline or related field
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives, and excel in a fast paced environment
• Experience in building large-scale machine-learning models for search advertising, product search, online recommendation, ads ranking, personalization, etc.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive, with a proven track record of delivering large projects with multiple stakeholders and tight timelines
• Excellent communication skills - experience in writing and presenting comprehensive narratives on opportunity, plans and results to senior management and stakeholders
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
• Passion for building technology that delivers outstanding customer experiences
• Experience with web or eCommerce search or performance advertising
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.