|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Non-Tech||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
About Us: We are passionate about creating a shopping experience that customers will love. If you are customer-obsessed, like learning new things, and want to contribute to end-to-end store operations for a new business, this is the place for you!
The candidate: We are seeking a customer-obsessed Sr. Program Manager with a strong track record of delivering results and proven project management experience to lead labor-planning efforts performed by the Amazon Physical Retail Operations. This individual will establish the processes and standard work to support strategic labor planning in collaboration with the network. Operational complexity is increasing as the network continues to expand and evolve. This position will be critical in ensuring that labor planning within the organization improves efficiency, maximizes capacity, minimizes cost, standardizes processes and adapts with the changing needs of our growing business. Successful candidates are results oriented and have thrived and succeeded in establishing new processes and systems in a highly ambiguous environment. This individual will know how to be scrappy but operate as part of a larger team and business.
• Define the strategy for labor planning and standard work within the Amazon Grocery Operations
• Determine the labor planning processes that need to be in place to support a new automated labor planning technology
• Develop and write Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to educate Store Managers on how to plan labor effectively
• Develops and refines staffing strategies to identify optimal labor shift structure, solving for flexibility and productivity
• Work closely with key stakeholders as they onboard labor planning standard work, systems and tools to assist in troubleshooting as issues arise
• Drive continuous improvement projects to improve efficiency and accuracy of the labor planning process
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
• 4+ years of industry experience in operations, general management, distribution systems, or engineering fields
• Ability to drive impact through cross-organizational initiatives
• Ability to communicate and manage relationships with senior leadership and stakeholders to drive results
• Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly
• Data-driven decision making or quantitative analysis skills (including deep knowledge of Excel, including modeling)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Master's in Operations Management, Business, Engineering, Finance or related field
• Experience optimizing for short-term execution while planning for long-term technical capabilities. Strong SQL background.
• Experience driving multiple products through a complete life cycle
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
• Retail labor planning experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.