|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Non-Tech||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from startups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in every major industry. Increasingly, these companies are looking at AWS not just as a technology provider, but as a strategic partner that can speed their ability to innovate in the fast and ever-changing digital economy.
As a member of AWS Worldwide Revenue Operations, you will play a critical role in helping us achieve our mission to build the most efficient sales organization in the world. You will be part of the team chartered with building the AWS Sales Governance Playbook, the definitive guide for how the global AWS field should operate at each stage of the sales cycle and leverage a growing ecosystem of programs, tools, and engagement strategies. You will define, enhance, and implement consistent global sales practices and identify opportunities to remove obstacles, streamline processes, and improve approaches to selling at AWS. You will work across the organization to ensure critical foundational elements, including sales tools, are in place to support operational excellence. You will also be responsible for driving adoption through a robust enablement program, and developing mechanisms to assess and measure the effectiveness of our sales policies and processes.
• Collaborate with Sales and Sales Operations leaders to maintain a pulse on the effectiveness of sales policies and processes; gather feedback and data, evaluate gaps, identify best practices, and determine how to apply these learnings to drive continuous improvement.
• Lead initiatives to design or enhance sales policies and processes, synthesizing insights, performing root cause analysis, mapping workflows, defining execution plans, and systematizing at scale. • Write executive-level narratives to present your findings and recommendations, and gain alignment across sales and functional leadership.
• Define performance measures and reporting requirements, working individually and with analysts, to evaluate the effectiveness of process improvements.
• Partner with Sales Enablement and Communications to support adoption and change management efforts.
• Identify issues and challenges related to sales effectiveness projects and drive timely resolution.
The ideal candidate thinks strategically and analytically about business challenges, dives deep into details, and ramps quickly on complex issues. You have a passion for identifying and eliminating bottlenecks, simplifying where there's complexity, and bringing order to unstructured problems. You are a self-starter who looks around corners to anticipate business needs and proactively mobilizes to drive continuous improvement. You are also an exceptional communicator who can bridge the big picture with the details and articulate recommendations in a structured, compelling, and logical manner. This is a highly visible role among senior leadership; a high degree of emotional intelligence, strong judgment, and good instincts are key to success.
Other preferred locations: Seattle, WA/ Dallas, TX/ Boston, MA/ Arlington, VA/ or other Virtual locations in the US where Amazon has a presence will be considered.
• 7+ years' experience in a consulting or process improvement role, preferably focused on sales processes.
• Experience managing complex global process improvement projects with a large number of stakeholders.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience presenting ideas in a narrative format to different levels of leadership.
• 5+ years' experience with a global technology or management consulting firm.
• Understanding of sales processes, methodologies, or operations.
• Comfortable managing multiple priorities and directional changes in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to navigate ambiguous situations, and identify and solve for blockers with minimal guidance.
• Ability to exercise high judgment and make appropriate trade-off decisions, particularly in narrow time frames.
• Excellent at building trust and influencing cross-functional teams and senior leaders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities if located within the city limits of Columbia, SC. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.