|Category||Operations, IT, & Support Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth! Amazon is a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers.
We are looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class UPS Battery Testing Technician to join our growing Operations Services team. The team responsibilities include maintaining critical equipment in support of providing best in class availability for our data center customers. The UPS Battery Testing Technician will work closely with both internal customers, external vendors as well as coordinate regional resources to facilitate smooth work execution. This critical role is responsible for the preventative maintenance of UPS batteries in our data centers.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, and has significant experience in supporting critical infrastructure. They will possess the ability to design, develop, and deploy innovative solutions to address operational challenges. This role requires both independent contribution as well as the ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams. An expert level of understanding of battery systems is desirable, as the individual will be expected to identify areas for improvement as well as act on data provided from other teams and organizations.
If you are passionate about the Customer Experience; you think and act globally; and you want to contribute to the operational excellence of Amazon.com data centers then this may be the challenge you've been looking for! Those with critical datacenter environment experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Apply preventative maintenance testing techniques in support of maintaining UPS batteries across our fleet of data centers.
• Act as an ambassador for safety within the team and to promote safe working across the site.
• Remain cognizant of and act in compliance with all security protocols.
• Interact with engineers, technicians, project managers and management on a daily basis.
• Work with engineers to develop detailed and creative solutions to complex problems, while keeping a watchful eye on timelines and costs.
• Develop and maintain a good working relationship across all levels in the organization.
• Ensure consistency in deployed configurations and track exceptions for follow up.
• Execute predictive and preventive maintenance programs.
• Provide support for LSE, weather events, planned, and unplanned outages.
• Member of on-call rotation to support after hours event response.
• Other duties as assigned.
Candidate must meet and maintain all eligibility requirements to drive a company service vehicle, including but not limited to: must have a valid driver's license issued by the state in which they reside.
• Bachelor's Degree or Technical (Military/ Trade School) Degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
• 1+ years of relevant work experience.
• Sound understanding of electrical and battery testing best practices, processes and tools.
• Work experience in a critical environment.
• Data center operations experience.
• Team lead supporting data center operations environment with a history of assigning work to more junior technicians.
• Ability to recognize safety concerns and maintain a safe work environment under NFPA 70e guidelines.
• Organized self-starter with strong analytic abilities and proven problem solving skills.
• Ability to maintain vendor relationships.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.