|Category||Business & Merchant Development||Job type||Full Time|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses, servicing millions of customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology, and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS customers include some of the most innovative startups like Netflix, Pinterest, Airbnb, and Instagram as well as some of the largest global enterprises like Shell International, Unilever, Hitachi, Sharp, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Samsung.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) helps commercial and government customers build satellites, conduct space and launch operations, and re-imagine space exploration. Our reliable global infrastructure and unmatched portfolio of cloud services position AWS to equip organizations in the private and public sector to process and transform space collections into data, make that data actionable and accessible to customers around the globe, and redefine how organizations transform the space market segment. With the AWS Cloud, customers are accelerating space missions, removing barriers to innovation on Earth, and inspiring future generations.
We are seeking a motivated, flexible Senior Business Development Manager to help us grow Satellite Solutions through the development of a Space Marketplace and strategic partnerships. You will be experienced in emerging technology startups and business development while work closely with our sales teams on opportunities globally. You will provide business leadership in customer meetings and workshops, inputs to written proposals, and guide our approach to expanding Satellite Solutions. In this role, you will be at the forefront of AWS Satellite Solutions and working directly with potential customers and partners.
Senior Business Developer Managers will scale their perspective from opportunities and implementation to strategies for large public sector customers or geographic regions. We value the ability to engage in productive discussions with stakeholders, across AWS, with differing perspectives, opinions, and priorities while driving to solutions that best serve our customers.
Responsibilities as AWS Satellite Solutions Business Development Manager will focus on the following key deliverables:
• Lead strategy and engagement with startups in emerging technology on behalf of the AWS Satellite Solutions team
• Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g., AWS Ground Station, Sales, Solution Architects, legal, support)
• Work with the AWS Partner Network (APN) team to help startups and technology companies register with the program, list consulting services or technology, and support customers in migrating their space workloads to AWS.
• Thought leadership - develop compelling audience-specific messages and tools (videos, customer success stories, demos, and presentations) and evangelize AWS through forums such as AWS Blogs, Whitepapers, and Public-Speaking events such as AWS Summit and User-Group events.
• Develop and support an AWS Space Marketplace that helps technology partners list capabilities and customers find capabilities on Marketplace
• Create and maintain a database of global New Space startups, companies, VCs, and other space ecosystem players ranked by spend on AWS and other key parameters.
• A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness; consistently exceeds key performance metrics
• Enjoys communicating with customers of all shapes and sizes with a passion for helping customers, from start-ups to established enterprises
• Part builder, part operator and part general manager who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 10+ years of experience working in a business development role and/or sales role to enterprises or startups
• 10+ years of experience working with emerging Solutions and Providers including a solid understanding of cloud computing technology
• 5+ years of business experience and customer-facing skills to interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background to easily interact with IT professionals, software developers and architects
• Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following industries: Satellite Communication, Imaging, Content Distribution, or Startup Business Development.
• Ability to understand and articulate the business value & technical overview.
• MBA or Graduate degree.
• 5+ years Knowledge of Satellite Communication and/or cloud computing. Strong analytical and quantitative skills; comfort with pro-forma financial and operational analysis for subscription businesses.
• Implementation orientation; demonstrated ability to translate strategic differentiators into innovative and detailed product requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English including strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences.
• Technical fluency in communication services; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule trade-offs and new opportunities with technical team members.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.