|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for talented software engineers who have a passion for Big Data and distributed systems at trillions of transactions scale to help build the next generation of AWS internal services. Our applications are responsible for processing 270 million events per second and 20 terabytes of data per hour. As a foundational system we must scale with the growth of cloud computing at Amazon. The AWSBilling team is responsible for Metering Usage and Generating Monthly Charges. These include but are not limited to enabling: AWS product pricing, AWS product subscriptions, AWS product discount programs, customer credit management, storing AWS product usage, computing the bill, the estimated bill, computing tax, and storing bills and line items for external customer consumption.
As a Software Developer, you have the opportunity to lead the paradigm shift in streaming Big Data by building applications on top of cutting-edge AWS technologies such as Kinesis, EMR, DynamoDB, Redshift, Aurora, and many more. Additionally, you can build meaningful software that can radically change how AWS wins our largest customers over to the Cloud. And finally, as an Amazon engineer, you get to own the full lifecycle of your systems, work on challenging problems at \"Amazon Scale\", and collaborate with some of the best in the business.
If all of this sounds exciting to you, then please come join us and help shape the future of the Cloud!
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science
• Fluency with Java, C/C++, or C#
• In-depth knowledge of CS data structures and algorithms
• Strong problem solving ability and object-oriented design skills
• Experience building highly available systems and operating 24x7 services
• Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing
• Working knowledge of Hadoop, MapReduce Spark, EMR, or other Big Data processing platforms
• Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
• Hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of SQL
• Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing