|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
AWS Data Exchange is changing the way millions of AWS customers find, subscribe to, and use third-party data in the cloud. With thousands of data products from more than 100 data providers, we've only just begun to see all the innovation that developers, enterprises, academics, and scientific researchers are unleashing on third-party data. As a recently launched service based in NYC, this is an opportunity to work in a start-up like environment within the world's most successful cloud business.
We're looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer that is passionate about building new products using cutting edge AWS Serverless technologies, has experience with distributed systems, can drive technical design working closely with counterparts in Product and Business Development, and deliver customer facing solutions. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced software engineer excited to work on cloud-scale software with a proven track record of architecting and delivering software using cloud technologies.
Growing a new business offers a unique opportunity for engineers who want to help define, design, build, and operate a service which we believe is going to change the world. Your friends, family, and AWS' millions of customers worldwide will recognize and understand what you've built. Come join us to Work Hard, Have Fun, and Make History!
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 8+ years of professional experience in building production software systems.
• 8+ years of demonstrated experience in Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Proven track record of building and shipping enterprise software products
• Proven track record delivering high quality software
• Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us