|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
|City||Virtual Location - New York|
At Amazon's Alexa Shopping, we strive to enable shopping in everyday life. We allow customers to instantly order whatever they need, by simply interacting with their Smart Devices such as Echo, Fire TV or any Alexa powered device. Our Services allow you to shop, no matter where you are or what you are doing, you can go from 'I want that' to 'that's on the way' in a matter of seconds. We are seeking the industry's best to help us create new ways to interact, search and shop. Join us, and you'll be taking part in changing the future of everyday life.
The Alexa Shopping group is seeking talented and experienced software engineers for our Analytics Engineering team. In this role, you will lead, design, and architect the Alexa Shopping data platform which will be used by a number of teams across Alexa Shopping to process and/or exchange data in real-time across various systems. This platform will play a significant role in the success of various high visibility goals across the organization. It not only supports analytical use cases like data warehousing, machine learning but also supports other services to power delightful hands free shopping experiences for Echo, Fire TV and other Alexa powered devices. As part of the Analytics Engineering team, you will also lead the development of Alexa Shopping Privacy libraries, which will enable other engineering and platform teams to implement customer privacy regulations like GDPR and CCPA in a reliable and scalable way.
We prefer candidates who can thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment where we deliver value incrementally and frequently. We value highly technical, hands-on, data driven leaders who know their subject matters deeply, are willing to learn new areas, and are hardwired towards engineering excellence. We look for individuals who will set aside meaningful time to develop themselves and their teams as we continually learn from customers. Its still Day 1!
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical discipline
• 5+ years full-time experience in software design and development
• Experience leading the design and architecture of complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
• Proficiency with at least one Object Oriented language (e.g. Java, Python)
• Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases
• A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done
• Good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment
• MS in Computer Science or a related field and/or 7+ years of software development experience.
• Solid knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to technically lead project from design, scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Outstanding written, presentation and communication skills