|Category||Data Science||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
The T1 Seller Development (T1SD) organization owns the charter to drive WW seller growth on Amazon. Our products are strategically important to the long term growth of Amazon's consumer businesses, and our organization's initiatives are highly visible to Amazon's executive leadership. We will accomplish the ambitious growth goal through building a strong sciences foundation that drives seller growth via innovative and scalable technical products and platforms.
We are looking for a Science Manager who can build and lead a team in a very visible organization. Not only will this person have the opportunity to develop their team, but also will be a thought leader within the Seller Development and Growth space. Collaboration across engineering, research, and business teams will be paramount for future innovation and critical to the success of the role and our product space. Finally, this person will be an expert at synthesizing and communicating insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
If being a strong business minded leader, while solving ground breaking business problems with the application of science sounds exhilarating to you, we want to hear from you!
• Masters in quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent)
• 8+ years of experience working in data science ideally in the tech or consumer industry
• 5+ years of experience managing Machine Learning Scientists, Data Scientists, Research Scientists, Applied Scientists, and/or Economists
• Evidence of doing or directing science work with high positive impact on business outcomes
• Experience hiring and leading experienced scientists as well as a successful record of developing junior members to a successful career track
• Management experience for working on cross-functional projects.
• Proven achievements of developing and managing a long-term research vision and portfolio of research initiatives, with algorithms and models that have been successfully integrated in production systems
• A PhD in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent)
• 10+ years of experience working in data science in a consumer product company
• 7+ years of experience managing Machine Learning Scientists, Data Scientists, Research Scientists, Applied Scientists, and/or Economists
• 4+ years of experience managing data scientists, including intermediate managers
• Skilled with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with one scripting language such as R, MATLAB, Python or others
• Professional experience in software development (software design and development life cycle)
• Superior verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical and statistical concepts and considerations to non-experts.