|Category||Data Science||Job type||Full Time|
We are seeking an experienced Data Scientist Leader to drive the future growth of Amazon Prime in Japan. Our vision is for Prime to be the Earth's largest and most loved membership program. Within Japan, we aim to be a center of innovation for Prime and Amazon, and to delight our members with the value and convenience of Prime benefits.
The Data Scientist, JP Prime will manage customer behavior data and lead our customer-obsessed/data-driven decision making for the Amazon Prime Program in Japan. This leader will work with Product/Marketing, Economist, Finance, and Data Engineering teams across the globe as a pivotal leader, diving deep into data to identify actionable customer insights that will improve the value of the Prime program in Japan, as well as empower our product/marketing strategy to grow and engage Prime members. Success in this role includes solving complex business issues through analytical solutions, influencing the team's product/marketing strategy at a large scale, and contributing significantly to business planning.
- Creating a roadmap of challenging business questions on how we grow membership, engage members, and improve value of Amazon Prime, using data to articulate possible root cause analysis and solutions.
- Managing and executing entire projects or components of large projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
- Working closely with other research scientists, machine learning experts, and economists to design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways to improve analytics, prove incrementality and drive growth.
- Partnering with technology and product leaders to solve business and technology problems using scientific approaches to build new services that surprise and delight our customers.
- Utilizing Amazon systems and tools to effectively work with terabytes of data.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent).
- 5+ years of experience working in data science in a consumer product company.
- Ability to distill informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives.
- Ability to manage and quantify improvement in customer experience or value for the business resulting from research outcomes.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
- Evidence of influencing the strategic direction of a business unit through a combination of impactful, relevant analysis and clear communication.
- A Masters or Ph.D degree in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent).
- 10+ years of experience working in data science in a consumer product company.
- Fluent in Japanese (both verbal and written).
- Skilled with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, SAS, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language.