|Category||Data Science||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
The AWS Infrastructure Data Center Planning and Delivery (DCPD) org owns supply chain management planning and execution activities at a global scale. We consolidate usage and supply chain health data and forecasts at a variety of horizons to ensure that we have the right strategic lens associated with each decision we make. We identify gaps to ensure that the AWS business is able to support any and all customers who want to capitalize on the scalability, flexibility, and cost-efficiency of AWS. Our actions and decisions decide the where, how, and what will make it into each of our data centers and we need you to help us to make those decisions and clearly explain the why. Within the DCPD org, the Business Insights and Optimization (BIO) team owns data science and engineering solutions feeding this team. We identify gaps in our capacity planning and delivery mechanisms and design/build systems which will fix those gaps. We are end to end data product owners and the data and analysis we produce drives billions of dollars of decisions annually.
We are looking for a new manager to lead our high-performing BIO team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Research Scientists. The team provides end to end range and capabilities to tackle challenging and impactful opportunities that the DCPD org faces. The collective BIO team works directly with business owners to understand how they use data to drive their business. They design modeling frameworks to dive deep into these raw sources of information to get the most out of the data they have and they build automated pipelines and production scale information systems and models. They build automated tools which will allow their results to be shared with the business at scale. They align with business owners to continuously track their work to ensure maximum impact from their projects. They monitor performance of their work to evaluate whether improvements are needed after tracking has started in production.
• 2+ Years of experience as a people manager leading analytical teams
• 5+ Years of experience in data science/analysis/engineering
• 3+ Years of experience applying Statistics/Data Science/Machine Learning
• 3+ Years of Scripting experience in Python/R or other scripting languages
• 2+ Years of SQL experience
• 2+ Years of experience in Data Visualization, using Tableau, R Shiny, other off the shelf products, or scripting directly
• Bachelor's Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Analytics, or related scientific, technical, or engineering field
• Expert-level knowledge of SQL
• Working knowledge of AWS tech stack. Glue, Redshift, EMR, S3, EC2, Lambda will be used regularly in this role
• Experience as a leader/mentor of data analytics resources
• Proficient in Scala/Spark/Hadoop
• Experience documenting modelling for technical and business leaders
• Experience working with data engineers/business intelligence engineers collaboratively
• Experience in ETL Management/Data Pipeline experience
• Master's Degree in scientific, technical or engineering field