|Category||Public Policy||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
|State||District of Columbia|
Work hard, have fun and make history with Amazon Public Policy. The Manager will manage a cross-functional working group consisting of the Public Policy, Public Relations, Legal, and Economics teams in efforts to address some of the most important policy issues effecting Amazon's business and customers.
They will be responsible for creating strong coordination mechanisms between internal teams, tracking the progress of different projects, troubleshooting problems, clearly communicating objectives, and ensuring excellence in work product and accountability regarding deliverables. The Manager will be an organized, effective communicator and will keep senior executives informed by providing regular updates on progress. They will continually evaluate and measure success to identify anything that requires intervention or changes.
The position is based in Washington, DC.
• BS/BA required.
• A minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant experience with a keen working understanding of public policy, business.
• Experience in program management of large and complex issues, while working with cross-functional teams.
• Experience through work within government, companies, consultancies (public policy or communications), trade associations, or equivalent organizations.
• Familiarity with program management techniques, including strong skills of breaking down tasks, simplifying roadmaps, establishing owners and timelines, and status reporting.
• Understand strategic initiatives and drive them to a successful conclusion.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes.
• Experience managing senior stakeholders and the ability move forward in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge.
• Ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others - with strong interpersonal skills, judgement, and political acumen.
• Evaluate and measure the effectiveness of activities in relation to business goals on an ongoing basis.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.