|Category||Public Policy||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon is seeking a Program Manager for the AWS Global Public Policy Administrative Office. This role requires attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to meet tight deadlines. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, fluid environment, while maintaining great flexibility, a sense of humor and composure. The candidate will work autonomously on many projects as required and possess the ability to complete a high volume of tasks with minimal guidance or supervision. The Program Manager will work closely with the Policy Advisor to collaborate transparently with peers around the globe to ensure alignment between business unit priorities and public policy goals.
Reporting directly to the VP of AWS Global Public Policy, the Program Manager will lead global coordination across geos for operational items, internal reporting on behalf of GPP Leadership and the management of an Executive Assistant.
Example programs include:
• Establish and facilitate centralized methods and or processes for AWS Global Public Policy office
• Facilitating GPP Leadership meetings, Update from HQ meetings, monthly Finance meetings and Quarterly Business Reviews which includes creating and driving agenda items and follow up action items. Participate in developing roadmaps and other processes needed to help drive key goals and initiatives.
• Serve as ambassador for AWS Global Public Policy Executive visits and delegations by program managing these global events.
• Serve as liaison between internal customers for AWS Global Public Policy for speaking engagements, executive briefings, events and summits by working as a strategic partner with key leaders throughout AWS and GCA businesses.
• Coordinate AWS Global Public Policy Leadership Quarterly offsites, AWS GPP Global Summits and AWS GPP Global OP1 events.
• Work closely with Corporate Finance and Global Public Policy Leadership on OP1 annual process and deliverables.
• Manage headcount of 170+ employees (including tracking requisitions, trades, gifts, transfers)
• Manage Global Public Policy budget of 21mm, working closely with Finance and GPP Leadership on monthly spend
• Create visibility and review programs for AWS Global Public Policy through managing our global Wiki
• Manage global Wiki for AWS GPP, ensuring consistency and continuity of content
• Manage Space Planning needs for AWS Global Public Policy
• Develop and maintain annual ROB (rhythm of business) calendar for AWS Global Public Policy
• Manage Executive Assistant
• 3+ years experience in program or project management
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 3+ years experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• 5+ years of experience supporting at the executive level
• Point-in-time project management experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Excel
• Experience with leading a complex program/process
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Broad organization awareness developed in a fast-moving environment
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Innovative and self-directed
• Influencing skills and ability to effectively interface with senior members of the business
• Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.